Job Opportunities At Guitar Repair Long Island
Guitar Repair Long Island is growing. We are now accepting applications for qualified candidates to aid us in our mission to provide the highest quality service for our clients. Click here to learn more about our company, or click the job titles below for a brief description of the positions that are currently available.
Guitar Repair Long Island Inc. is interested in hiring an experienced Guitar Technician for part-time work on premises. This is a paid position, not an apprenticeship.
The schedule may be a flexible 2-3 days per week with the opportunity for further hours once familiar with the shop’s standards and protocols.
Compensation will be based on the applicants experience level.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Guitar setup and repair work in fitting with the applicant’s abilities. (Proficiency in skills such as fretwork, nut/saddle making, electronics, etc. are an advantage)
- Assistance with essential shop tasks including but not limited to: shipping and receiving, general cleaning, the managing of social media posts and online marketplace listings, etc.
- Luthierie school or equivalent prior experience with fretted instrument setup/repair
- Familiarity in working with hand and power tools
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be organized and able to work in a fast-paced environment and be able to monitor multiple tasks at the same time
- Must be available to work Saturday’s
- Honest, reliable, personable
- Self-starting, Task Oriented
- High level of attention to detail
- Strong technical skill and understanding of stringed instruments
- Flexibility to regularly rotate through different job roles and skill sets
To be considered, please email a resume to: Erik@guitarrepairlongisland.com
(click on job titles above to learn more)